Si è vero, le Olimpiadi sono finite già da un pezzo; una parte almeno, le paralimpiadi invece sono tutt'ora in corso. E' anche vero però che uno spettacolo come quello olimpico non può essere circoscritto solo a quei 20 giorni scarsi dove gli atleti si scontrano si battono e si abbracciano.
Ecco allora le mie pagelle dei giochi, pubblicate qualche giorno fa su www.contropiede.net e che ora vi ripropongo ancora qui. 10 voti (circa) per raccontare le emozioni delle Olimpiadi di Sochi!
Voto 10 a Carolina Kostner e Armin Zoeggler: la scelta è stata ardua tra le varie vittorie azzurre, ma non c'è dubbio che le imprese dei due altoatesini siano state incredibili. Carolina ha finalmente sfatato il tabù Olimpiadi con una gara spettacolare e punteggi fenomenali e, per noi italiani, le polemiche sulle scelte della giuria (voto 3) del primo posto alla russa Sotnikova (9.5) sono risultate indifferenti. Armin invece è diventato uno degli unici olimpionici ad andare a medaglia in sei Olimpiadi diverse. In una parola: immortale.
CONTINUA A LEGGERE SU CONTROPIEDE.NET
It has already been a few weeks since the Olympics ended in Sochi. There were fascinating, cool and engaging games as all Olympics are. However, the Olympic spirit never ends so let's do a a report of what happened, giving some marks to the athletes and much more.
10 . Norwegian B-Side. We are not talking about Norwegians' bottoms but we want to speak Bjørndalen and Bjoergen.
Ole Einar, with his medals in Sochi, became the most decorated athlete in the Winter Olympic Games, While Bjoergen, thanks to her 2 medals, became the most decorated woman in W. O. G. LEGEND
9 . Ducth speed skating Team. The Netherlands won an amount of 24 medals in Sochi and 23 of them come from speed skating: 8 gold, 7 silver and 8 bronze. Dutch athletes did 3 hat-tricks and won both women's and men's Team Events! INSATIABLE
8. Family on the podium. Every time you see siblings on a podium it's strange; so, as you can imagine, the wonder when we saw the Dupont sisters on the Moguls podium, was so big.
But even more than that was when we realized that in the 500m speed skating, the two Dutch Athlets on the podium not only were brother, but twins. FAMILY EVENTS
7. Carolina Kostner and Armin Zoeggler. Both the two Italians won a bronze medal, but the meanings of these two victories were very different. Armin Zoeggler became a legend: he won his sixth medal at the Winter Olympic Games but is not only that. With this bronze he won in 6 different W. O. G. like NO one ever has! On the other hand, Carolina finally stood out in an Olympics and his bronze is the perfect reward for an incredible career. IMMORTALS
6. Jamie Anderson. The beautiful American Snowboarder won the slopestyle, a discipline which debuted in the Sochi Olympics. But the thing that had more resonance was an interview where she talked about the "Social Olympics" and she said that the most used app was Tinder, an application used to find singles around you. I'm sure lot of athletes knocked at her door. THE GREAT BEAUTY
5. Axsel Lund Svindal. The Norwegian arrived in Sochi as a strong favourite, but we can say that his Games were a complete failure. Zero medals and an allergy that seems to have disabile him during the races; not positive games as his compatriot Jansrud who win 2 medals (mark 8) and as the American skiers Bode Miller annd Julia Mancuso who never die. HOLD BACK
4. The Russian Hockey Team. These Games should have been the ones where Russia finally won the hockey competition, but this didn’t happen. Not only did they lose the incredibile match against the U.S. at the penalties, but they also lost at the quarter finals against Finland. DISASTER
3. Shaun White. He arrived in Sochi to rewrite the story of the halfpipe as he won the last two Olympics and most of the X-games during the last few years. But his games were a complete failure. Not only didn’t he take the gold medal, but he also arrived 4th. Other athlets who deserve a particolar mention are Iouri Podlatchikov, the halfpipe gold medal (mark 9) and Sage Kotsenburg gold in the slopestyle (mark 7.5). TRY AGAIN
2. The Circle which didn't light up. When you spent more than 50 billion $ to organise the Winter Olympic Games, everyone expects that all will be perfect. Seeing that circle, which didn't light up, in the opening ceremony, was quite ridiculous. It matters little that the Russian made fun of this (in the Closing Cerimony), the mistake still can't be delated.
1. The Snow. in a Winter Olympic Games the snow shouldn't be the main character, but in these Olympics, unfortunately, it was. The high temperature melted the snow into slush with a lot of problem and danger for the athletes. ABSURD
A short Mention for an athlete who wasn't in Sochi and won't be in anymore competions. SARAH BURKE (10). Since he passed away after an accident, the snowboard lost one of its spearheads. The tribute that the organisation gave her was really touching. IMMORTAL